The Ultimate Urban Travel Photography Workshop (4-Day Workshop)
VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA Thursday–Sunday, May 26 - 29, 2016
VANCOUVER PHOTO WORKSHOPS
To learn more and register click here.
What makes Vancouver such a fabulous tourist destination is the fact that it is a City Centre designed for and used by the “locals.”
Vancouver, Canada offers an incredibly diverse set of photographic opportunities.
It is the perfect setting for a Photography workshop that will prepare you for your next travel holiday. Learn how to arrive home with photos that will be the envy of your friends and family. Learn how to make photos that you will be proud to cherish and exhibit.
Why Vancouver? How about any one of these five diverse “locations” in which to learn to make better travel photos…
- Urban Edges. Enjoy approximately 10 miles of an accessible waterfront promenade like no other. If you like to photograph Urban Edges, Vancouver is tough to beat.
- Street Photography. Explore North America’s second largest historic Chinatown District along with the storied Downtown East Side providing the perfect setting for learning the Nitty “Gritty” of Street Photography.
- People and Places. Internationally celebrated Granville Island provides a great venue for a diverse mix of Historic Industrial and Commercial Structures converted into a world class urban marketplace famous for embracing a mosaic of cultures. This is a great background for learning to Photograph People and Places including how to bring back great pictures of your next family holiday.
- Buildings and Heritage. Vancouver has become the Center of World Class examples of international award winning planned and designed Urban Neighbourhoods. So, if you want to learn about Architectural or Heritage Travel Photography, this a great place to hone skills taught in the classroom setting.
- Landscapes and Gardens. If you are wanting to learn about Landscape Travel and Garden Photography, the “Super Natural BC” character of Stanley Park, a 1001 acre Urban Park like no other, offers an easily accessible array of photographic opportunities.
The final selected shooting venues will be determined by the desires of each of the workshop participants.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to plan and prepare for your photographic travels in a way that will help insure that you come home with great images.
- Learn about the essence of Travel Photography and the kinds of qualities that professional photo journalists seek to embody in their images for publication.
- Learn what to wear, how to fit in or how to stand out.
- Learn what kinds of cameras, lenses, and equipment are available and best suited for travel photography.
- Learn how to predict in advance, the best times and locations to find the images and subject matter that interests you.
- Learn what characteristics make a great photo.
- Learn how to travel “light” or how to travel “heavy.”
- Learn how to get permission to photograph strangers.
- Learn to “know where to stand.”
- Learn how to create a sense of depth in your images.
- Learn how to feature or incorporate built structures into your travel images.
- Learn how to get better photographs from a car, bus, train, or airplane.
Learn how to take your photography to the next level, regardless of whether you are a beginner, an enthusiast, or a professional photographer.
How will participants learn?
Participants will learn concepts and skills through the following activities:
- Class discussions
- Field Photography
- Photo Evaluations and Critiques
What are the participant's responsibilities?
- Show up with a passion for wanting to learn more about photography and how to
- create better travel pictures
- Listen and react/Ask Questions/Contribute answers to others' questions
- Share knowledge you may already possess with the group
What photo gear and materials are required?
This course is all about taking your photography to the next level regardless of the type of camera or array of lenses you might have access to. Whether you have a point and shoot camera, a new mirrorless camera, or an SLR, you will benefit from the instruction provided. You need to have a camera that you know how to use.
Please read the manual that came with your camera so you will be familiar with its features
To learn more and register click here.