Chicago - Fine Art Photography Workshop
with Rick Hulbert and Sharon Tenenbaum
CHICAGO April 17 - 19, 2015 (with Thursday evening meet and greet on April 16)
Only a few places remaining, so register soon!
- Learn to See and Perceive the Built Environment with an Artistic Eye.
- This Workshop is designed to look at the photographic thought process; from the analytical and rational details to the conceptual expressionist artistry of photography.
- We will walk you through the intricacies of post processing, regardless of your level of experience.
This workshop is designed for you, whether you are...
- A very organized, rational, and logical individual who now wants to discover and assert your creative side.
- A photography enthusiast who wants to step up their game and create some jaw dropping images.
- Wanting to learn more advanced Photoshop Post Processing techniques.
- Blessed with more gear than you really need and now want to know how to make great photographs.
- Hoping to win some (or more) awards or get big bucks for your images.
- Desiring to participate in an intensive 3 day experience that will provide you with knowledge that is personalized for your own needs and objectives . . . a learning experience that is limited to a maximum of 6 students per instructor.
How will you benefit from this fine art photography workshop?
- Learn the process of creating fine art photography from pre-visualizing your images through effective post processing techniques.
- You will learn how to develop your own unique artistic approach to creating photos that are considered fine art.
- Understand how people see and perceive the world around them and perhaps more importantly, be able to anticipate how people will react to your images.
- Understanding of how Long Exposure Photography and Extended Dynamic Range Imaging can assist in your exploration of Fine Art Digital Photography.
**Maximum of 12 participants.
Who are your instructors and why is their collaboration so great for learning?
Sharon Tenenbaum is an internationally recognized Fine Art photographer.
Originally trained as a Professional Civil Engineer, Tenenbaum is an entirely self-taught artist, having learned her craft through personal research and practical experience behind the camera. Some of her achievements are a first place award in the 2008 International Photography Awards for her Capilano Suspension Bridge, a publication in National Geographic and publications of three books, a Vancouver Photography Book ‘Vancouver Like No Other’ and an E-Books: ‘How to Create Long Exposure Fine Art Photography’, and ‘Left & Right Brain, A photographers understanding of these mindsets and how the affect our visual interpretation of art’.
Learn more about Sharon including her award winning exploits:
Rick Hulbert is an international award–winning and published architect, urban designer, and photographer with a passion for teaching.
Rick has been a frequent lecturer, teacher, and seminar panel participant on four continents. He has been named a Fellow in the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, which is among the highest honours that can be bestowed upon a member. He is a former President of the Architectural Institute of British Columbia. Notably, Rick is also an Academician in the Royal Canadian Academy of the Arts, one of the youngest members ever to be elected to that august body. As an architect, Richard has won design awards or has had his works published each and every year for the past 35 years.
Learn more about Rick including what others students have said about him as a Teacher of Photography:
Thursday April 16th 8:00 pm – Meet and Greet
Friday April 17th:
- What is Fine Art? Both Rick and Sharon will present their own different views and perspective. (Rick + Sharon)
- ‘Seeing Lines’ – How to develop innate vision for Architectural Photography (Sharon)
- The difference between ‘Seeing’ and ‘Perceiving’ (Rick)
- Intro and Basics to Long Exposure Photography (Sharon)
- Afternoon + Evening on Location Photo Shoots
Saturday April 18th:
- Long Exposure Photography – Hands on with more advanced techniques and Post Processing (Sharon)
- ‘Decisive Photography Moments’ in the Urban Environment (Rick)
- Afternoon On Location Photo Shoot
- Image Reviews (Rick + Sharon)
- Evening – Sunset Photo Shoot
Sunday April 19th:
- Sunrise Photo ShootImage Reviews (Rick + Sharon)
- How to Generate New Ideas + Innovative Techniques using Extended Dynamic Range Imaging (Rick)
- Composition in Fine Art Photography (Rick)
- Left & Right Brain – How our brain subconsciously interprets the vision world (Sharon)
- Image Reviews
Click here to register for this workshop!
Only a few places remaining, so register soon!
Refunds and Cancellations:
All payments are refundable upon request of cancellation (except a $50 processing fee and the Paypal fee of 2.9%). Cancellations (except mentioned fees) are in full up to 90 days prior to departure. Cancellations between 89 and 60 days prior to departure are subject to 50% of total in charges, between 59 and 30 days, 75% and no refunds will be issued with 29 days or less of notice. If payment is not received in full 90 days prior to departure we cannot guarantee your spot on the workshop. Any participant wishing to register in full can take that spot. In the event of low registration the event will be cancelled. In this event fees will be refunded in full.
- Please do not book flights and hotel until you have received final notice.
- The workshop itinerary is subject to changes due to weather or other constraints / demands.
To learn more and register, click here.